Last Updated: July 19, 2023
SummerWorks has placed the value of care at the centre of this COVID-19 policy. The health and safety of patrons, artists, volunteers, and staff is our number one priority. We will continue to refer to government and public health resources to update this policy in the future.
- Venues: SummerWorks encourages the use of masks at all indoor events and activities, except for times when food or beverages are actively consumed. Face masks or coverings are required inside Native Earth Performing Arts Aki Studio, as per the venue’s individual COVID-19 policy. The common space in Daniels Spectrum, where Aki Studio is located, does not require masking, nor do the other indoor venues that are part of SummerWorks 2023.
- COVID Conscious Performances: All performances of i am your spaniel, or, A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespeare by Gislina Patterson are designated as “COVID Conscious Performances,” during which all audience members will be required to wear face masks or coverings while attending the performance. Individual COVID Conscious Performances will be clearly indicated on our website, at point-of-sale, on ticket confirmation emails, and onsite at the venue, and will be open for sale to the general public.
- Please do not attend any Festival event or activity, if you have a fever or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please do not attend any Festival event or activity, if you have tested positive for COVID-19 on a PCR or rapid antigen test, or if you have had close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19.
- SummerWorks staff and volunteers who have tested positive for COVID-19 are required to 5 days and may return to work after they have tested negative for 2 consecutive days. SummerWorks will make every attempt to inform anyone with close contact with this person, including patrons, and encourage them to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 5 days.