Last Updated: July 19, 2022
SummerWorks has placed care at the centre while designing these protocols. The safety of patrons, artists and staff is the number one priority. We will continue to monitor guidance from the government and public health to update our policies with the safest experience possible for all.
- For Outdoor Venues: Proof of vaccination and face masks will not be required for outdoor venues. Masks are strongly encouraged.
- For Indoor Venues: Proof of Vaccination and face masks will be required at indoor venues. Proof of vaccination will be checked at the box office. Proof of vaccination is a full primary series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada; or any combination of such vaccines (two doses of Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Novavax, Medicago, AstraZeneca, including COVISHIELD) in any combination or one dose of Janssen (Johnson & Johnson). Please have your proof of vaccination ready at the entrance.
- For Long Distance Relationships for Mythical TImes: As this show requests that audience members share food in close proximity to each other, we will be rapid testing patrons at the box office tent. Masks will be required as you enter 401 Richmond until reaching the performance space. Once in the performance area, audience members may remove their masks if they please. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- All patrons for indoor performances are actively screened at the box office at all performances.
- Please do not attend if you have a fever or are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of attending, or if you have had close contact with anyone suspected or confirmed of having COVID-19
- Protecting your purchase: Sometimes, things change. We get it. If for any reason related to COVID-19 you do not feel comfortable attending a paid SummerWorks performance or event, we wanted to offer a few options for you.
- You can switch your ticket to another performance in the Festival
- Donate your ticket to the Festival! A great way to support the SummerWorks Festival even if you don’t feel comfortable attending the event.
- If neither of the above options work for you, we can offer a full refund. Please note that refunds could take up to a week after the Festival to process.
Some other things to know:
- All artists who are performing are rapid tested daily to ensure safety for artists, patrons and staff.
- All full-time permanent, full-time contract and part-time contract staff are fully vaccinated, self-monitor daily and must wear masks in indoor spaces.
- All volunteers must be fully vaccinated, self-monitor daily and wear masks in indoor spaces.
- Staff, artists and volunteers do not have to wear masks at outdoor performances but are strongly encouraged.